Saturday, January 5, 2013

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving break we were supposed to go to Utah to spend it with my side of the family. However, Wyoming decided to have a football game thanksgiving weekend and cleaning up those games is our job.  So instead we celebrated it with the Hydes again this year. John and Carola came down and we all spent Thanksgiving at the Durtsches. We had an amazing time. Dinner was delicious and I ate way too much! Then we went to the movies. The adults went and saw Skyfall but since Mark and I had already seen it we took the kids to see Rise of the Guardians. Surprisingly I liked it... and Mark did too.That night Walmart started their black Friday deals at 10:00pm instead of midnight. I try to avoid black Friday shoppers like the plague but this year we really wanted a blu ray player and they had them on sale for $35.00. It was nice because the deal was that as long as you were in line by 10:00 you were guaranteed a blue ray. No pushing, shoving, craziness.... it was a piece of cake. We got in line, got our blu ray, and left. The next day we went and saw the last Breaking Dawn. Mark claims that he hated it but deep down I know that he secretly liked it. It was better than the other movies that's for sure. Anyway, the day of the football game everyone came down to our place to watch the game. I wish we didn't have to work so we could have spent more time with everyone.

I don't have any pictures from Thanksgiving and I am really sad about that. I think that Teri took some of dinner and I will steal them from her later so that I can update this post.

Here are some of the things I am thankful for...

1- The Savior and the Atonement
2- Mark- My best friend... I couldn't live without him!
3- Our jobs and being able to work together
4- This incredible apartment
5- Family who loves us unconditionally
6-Friends
7- Prayer
8- A welcoming ward and new callings
9- Sports- especially the Braves.. we enjoy watching them together
10- Modern Technology that allows us to keep in touch with those we love
11- The Scriptures
12- Heat (it is freezing outside)
13- A car that we got for such a good deal 
14- Good Education
15- ETC- There are too many things that I am grateful for to name them all

This year has been so good for us. We have been blessed in so many ways.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment