Monday, January 28, 2013

Christmas Break

We went to Utah for Christmas Break again this year. We saw tons of people, ate lots of food, and had a lot of fun. Unfortunately I procrastinated this post and probably won't remember everything that we did. I will do the best that I can though!

(I have to mention that when we arrived in Utah there was NO SNOW. The next day it started snowing.....and did not stop snowing... until we left. Really Utah?? Ha! Just our luck.

Christmas Eve: We started out the day finishing Christmas shopping.... (yes, we really do procrastinate everything)! You all know how much I love shopping so I had a blast. My mom and sisters came with me to get Mark's presents, and Jake went with Mark to shop for me. Since we both spent WAY too much money on each other last year we decided to set a limit and just do stockings this year. It worked out splendidly.

After shopping, we went to Grandpa and Grandma Maxwell's house for our annual Christmas Eve get together. It was fun seeing all of the extended family and catching up with everyone. Then we went home to finish out the tradition by doing our immediate family stuff. We got our new pj's, ornament, and slippers. Then we watched "It's a Wonderful Life" while stuffing ourselves... again. Bedtime came and we all arranged ourselves in Jake's room to get ready for "Santa" to come.

 
 (I just have to add this too because I knew my Dad was behind us, but I never noticed the face.... creepy)
 
 
Christmas Day: On Christmas morning our PARENTS had to wake us up. That has NEVER happened before. I guess we are all past the waking up fifty times during the night... sad day. We loved all of the gifts that we got.
I gave Mark: an Aerobie Disk, Red Solo Cups (after the song that he likes...), Pepsi (to go in the Red Solo Cups), Atomic Fire Balls, Fruitties, angry birds chap stick, Linkin Park in Concert DVD, new earphones (I vacuumed his other ones up... yeah...), Guinness Book of World Records, and Tums (I know that's weird).
 
 
 Mark gave me: Three bottles of Victoria Secret Perfume, two bottles of lotion to match the perfume, a speaker for the computer or my iPhone, Cafe Rio gift card (YES!!) and lots of delicious candy that I wanted.
 
 
Our sibling gift exchange went well too. Jake gave Mark a Chipper Jones Braves Jersey, Mark gave Megan a New Direction CD, Megan gave Jake a BYU key chain and a sweet CTR ring that he can wear on the mish, Lyssy gave me the cutest BYU hat and an infinite amount of bobby pins, and I gave Lyssy a new Beauty and the Beast Piano Book. Gift giving was a success!!

 
 
(I wish I had pictures of my siblings opening up their presents, but unfortunately I do not.)
 
Later that day we had our breakfast crepes and visits from the grandparents. We got these beautiful handmade Japanese Silk Pictures, money, gloves I can use my smart phone with, a cute snowman towel holder, and much more. Then that night we went to Grandpa and Grandma Dales house for our get together with the extended family.
 
 This was the highlight of the night. Please enjoy:



We had a great time seeing and catching up with everyone.

Nickel City: We hung out with our friends Regan and Kristena from CEU at the Nickel City. This is the second year in a row and we had such a great time seeing them. Here are some of the pictures.....


(This is what we do when we are waiting for our friends....)
 
 
 
 
 They are a lot of fun to hang out with and we wish we lived closer to them.
 
 
Temple Square: You can't go to Utah during Christmas time without visiting temple square... even though I've gone every year since I can remember. Fun time with the family!
 
 
( This is Jake's face from this picture zoomed up....I HAD to include it....)
 
 

 
 

Bowling/ Jazz Game: This is our third year going to a Jazz game with Mark's Parents... it is now a tradition. Before the game we went bowling and then to TGIF's to eat. Unfortunately I lost bowling... and the Jazz lost too. We had a lot of fun though... :)

 
 
 
 
(Terrible picture quality but his stance is hilarious)

(Love them...)
 
 

 Mechale came down one night. We went shopping, to Cafe Rio, and then dropped her off at tracks. While we were waiting to make sure she got on the train ok, Mark and Jake played with a new ball they got. (They told Mechale and I that it was a special ball that, when thrown, would immediately go to a girl... yes, I believed them. How embarrassing.)
 
 
 
 
 
(Yep... that's the new ball...)
 
 
There were so many things we didn't have pictures of..... (The camera ran out of battery a few days before we left.) Here are some of the other things that we did.

We went tubing with Shana, Matt, and a couple other friends up Parley's Canyon. I had never been tubing before and I loved it.

I FINALLY got to see Miranda's cute little Gavin! He was adorable and it was great catching up with her and Shana.

My grandparents were sick on New Years so we had to celebrate it at home. It was a lot of fun though. We still got crab (thanks mom), played games, and had a good time together.

We ended up spending a lot of money at places to eat. There is no way we could go to Utah without eating out though. We went to U Swirl (our favorite frozen yogurt place), JDAWGS (delicious hot dogs), Cafe Rio, Artic Circle, 7 Eleven, and Buffalo Wild Wings.
 
 
Oh, look what I found.....
 
(FINALLY... a pic of Lyssy!.... and creepy Meg...)
 
(Mom, Dad, and Lyssy hardly had any pictures. Next time I am down we will make up for that)
 
 All in all Christmas Break was a success!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment