Wednesday, September 18, 2013

"Toe"tally annoying

You see... I have this toe.
It has seriously been the most annoying thing on this planet. Last year I was on my way to class when I tripped going up the stairs. (In my defense I was wearing slippers and trying to drink something at the same time...not a good combination) Anyway, I broke off the entire corner of my toenail. To make matters even worse it grew back ingrown. When I scheduled a doctor's appointment he told me that the only way to fix my toe was to cut half of it completely off. Thinking that I just wanted the ingrown pain gone I quickly agreed. The next week I went to have the procedure done. Can I just say it is WAY more painful then it sounds. The actual procedure doesn't hurt because of the numbing shot.. but once the numbing medication wears off... yikes!! I am 21 years old and I was bawling like a baby. He told me that IB Profin would do the trick but of course that didn't help until the next day. Luckily I got past the pain and things were going great. I have been watching my toenail like a hawk and it seemed to be growing in quite well.
THEN I woke up Friday morning. MY TOENAIL IS INGROWN AGAIN!!! I don't know how I couldn't tell it was happening before it was already too late. This toe will be the death of me.
 If anyone knows of a way for me to get rid of it on my own PLEASE let me know.  I seriously would appreciate it so much! 
Sorry for the graphic photo...for those of you that get queasy to the site of blood... (Lex) :)
 
 
(Broken Toenail)
 


(Removed Toenail)
 
 
And now I have to do it all over again....... sigh.......
 

2 comments:

  1. Haha, thanks for the warning!! I scrolled really fast past the pictures. ;) Good luck with the ingrown toenail thing... try asking Kyleigh what she did! Her dad is a foot doctor, so I know he did "surgery" on her foot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I wasn't even sure if you read my blog or not.. but I thought I would warn you just in case ;) and I'll have to talk to Ky. I hate ingrown toenails. SOOOO Annoying ;)

    ReplyDelete